Location: Los Angeles Surgery Center
Job Type: Full Time/ Day Shift (8Hrs)
Job Number: 24285
About the Organization:
Adventist Health is a member of the not-for-profit Adventist Health Systems, a high performing mission-driven organization formed by a collaboration between White Memorial Medical Center, Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Simi Valley Hospital and San Joaquin Community. Inspired by the belief in the loving teachings, preaching and healing power of Jesus Christ, the award-winning organization remains committed to rendering quality and uncompromising health services to its beneficiaries using advanced innovative technologies and experienced professionals. In all, Adventist Health offers physical, spiritual, mental and psychological healing to all irrespective of faith, race, colour, nationalities, etc.
The organization currently require the service of an experienced and competent Surgical Technician to assist the surgery team in the preparation of surgical procedures.
• Prepares, create and maintain the sterile field
• Providing supplies and medication to the surgeon during cases.
• Ensuring availability and proper assemble of supplies and equipment in line with operative procedures before each case.
• Complete blade, needle, sponge and instrument count with the Registered Nurse according to standard.
• Transport patients according to priorities and unit schedule
• Perform cleaning of equipment, facilities and other housekeeping duties.
• Comply with the safety requirement as designed by the organization
• Perform other technical functions as related to this position.
Interested applicants for this position will be required to possess the following qualification, skill, license/ certification and experience.
• High School Education/GED or equivalent
• Relevant Degree or equivalent
• Scrub technician experience
• Possess Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Preferred
• Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: required
• Surgery Technician Certification: Preferred.