Job Type: Full Time
Amazon Canada has an open position for Software Development Engineer 11 (Level 4). This position promises to offer you the opportunity to work with an experienced team on challenging application development project. Alexa is Amazon Cloud service; hence, you will be working with a team of cloud application engineers.
Are you passionate, talented as a software engineer, hardworking, and have experience building innovative solutions that meet needs? If yes, then Amazon Canada needs you to join its team who are making an impact in developing cutting edge products.
About the Company:
Amazon is an American Technology company founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington and Virginia, the company deploys disruptive technology and focusses on e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. With revenue more than $230 Billion and staff strength of about 650,000 as of 2018, it is considered one of the Big Four technology company alongside Facebook, Google, and Apple.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
As a software development engineer, you will define and drive Alexa technology and products by
• Defining and designing software architecture to support Alexa vision
• Serve as a guide to a team of software developer
• Work closely with product counterparts to make sure customers need and requirement are addressed in new products and services
• Coordinating application development across several project teams
• Act as project lead in coding and software development of complex, multi-functional, and customer-facing programs
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide a remedy, provide escalation management, and balance trade-off between technical need and business needs.
• Ensure appropriate application best practices are complied within the development of application program.
• Collaborate with others in completing assigned tasks
Job Requirement & Qualification:
• Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related fields
• Have sound knowledge in object-oriented design patterns
• Be proficient in the use of the following language – Java, Python, C++
• Be proficient in the use of Linux, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate, SQlite, etc.
• Have basic knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Experience working with Agile Development Techniques
• Excellent written, presentation and communication skill
Amazon is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Thus, interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online through the below link.
For other IT related jobs CLICK HERE