Job Type: Full Time
Hourly Pay: <$20
Job Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
Do you see yourself working with a life-changing team and contributing your quota towards improving lives? If yes, Helen Ross McNabb Center is currently accepting application from experienced, motivated and passionate individuals for the post of a Facility construction worker/Laborer.
The Helen Ross McNabb Center was established as a not-for-profit health service provider, providing quality services (prevention, social, addiction, outpatient and crisis management) to every group of the society
The successful candidate for the position: Facility construction worker/Laborer will be required to commit 40 full-time hours weekly. He or she may also be required to work overtime and report for an on-call emergency assignment. Core duties of this position include:
• General maintenance
• Preventive maintenance of HVAC systems
• Attending, resolving, logging and tracking of helpdesk request
• Fixtures and electrical components
• Replacing light bulbs/tubes
• Moving of furniture and other fittings from one location to another
• Be able to drive as this position: Laborer/Construction Workers will require the successful applicant to operate a vehicle.
• Comply with all health, safety and environmental procedures and policies.
• Carry out other functions as may be assigned by a superior officer.
• Possess a minimum of high school diploma or GED.
• Applicant without a high school diploma will be required to possess experience working as a construction worker/labourer.
• Possess knowledge of plumbing, HVAC systems, electrical, construction materials, carpentry
• Have 3 years’ experience in building construction or maintenance.
• Ability to use a computer system is not a must but will be an added advantage.
• Be able to work will little or no supervision.
• Effective communication and good customer service skill.
• Pass background check, drug screens and other employee verification exercise.
This position will require you to lift item of a minimum of 40 Pounds. Aside from this, frequent stooping, reaching, walking, bending, standing, climbing for an extended period will also be required.